Wednesday, December 5, 2012

A ghost!

Where have I been, and why have I returned?

It was a long and brutal summer and fall. I simply allowed myself to be consumed by work and all the attendant demands -- which were ridiculous.

I think I speak for many when I say, we allow work to separate us from what really matters, and the things that make life worth living.

I'm not going for profundity here, as though we don't have enough deep thinkers available to tell us what's wrong with ourselves. After a billionaire-only election season where the world's most prolific killer regime has re-anointed it's preeminent murder, it's cozy and narcotizing to let oneself be swallowed whole by a regime of economy that drains all the dreams and energy of a soul for the benefit of a few.

I may resume my efforts here, although I'm by no means deceived about the worth or importance of anything that will emerge on these pages. I may find a photo or two in my portfolio that's worth a look, and I have a friend's audio tapes that are hidden wonders of a world enraptured by packaging and marketing glitz, and oblivious to other paths that resist the status quo and the per capita consumptive habits of a land of gluttony.

Geez, is the weekend here yet?

Plodding along is effortless, so long as one invests nothing of oneself in the journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment